Senior Product Manager, Data and Integration Services
- Irvine, CA
Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title: Senior Product Manager, Data and Integration Services
Requisition ID: R002360
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Product Manager to help us deliver on our Big Data strategy by joining the Battle.net & Online Products Data & Integration Services team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, project managers, and designers focused on building the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment's games. Whether you're playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, visiting our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our Data & Integration Services team maintains and delivers the pipelines by which all of our game titles and applications deliver business events and metrics to our long-term data storage for further analysis. This data is critical to our business as we look for trends across our entire player base to help business development, product management, and marketing efforts.
In the role of Product Manager for this portfolio, you will work with customers inside and outside of Battle.net & Online Products to identify problems, determine objectives, propose solutions, drive alignment on specifications, deliver high-quality products, and measure their performance against their goals. You will help with defining and championing the vision to continuously improve your products. You will interact with senior technical and business leaders, engineers, product managers, and producers across the company, as well as senior managers across Blizzard.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned product leader with prior experience managing successful data platforms. You possess the ability to build consensus among diverse teams of people and guide them into highly collaborative partnerships. You enjoy working with large volumes of highly interdependent data and know-how to tame the complex pipelines that deliver it from ingest to persistent storage.
- Manage the application lifecycle of platform features or enhancements from conceptualization, requirements gathering, product specification, implementation review, and release.
- Act as product owner for components of the platform to ensure that features address business needs and are developed on time.
- Act as a champion for significant projects, programs, and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- Ensure your cross-functional product team is prepared to deliver features on time and with measurable value.
- Establish measurable product objectives that align with the organization's product strategy and outcomes.
- Track and report the live service health of our data products. Manage the response and triage of production incidents.
- Quantitatively and qualitatively measure operational success as it relates to your products.
- Influence beyond Battle.net & Online Products by driving alignment of priorities and timelines with teams across Blizzard.
- Contribute to sustaining a healthy team culture, built around Blizzard values.
- Mentor individual contributor product managers, encouraging learning and growth while contributing to team goals.
- 5+ years' experience with product management, focusing on developing achievable objectives and a solid product roadmap, especially in the field of big data and cloud-based platforms.
- Understanding of software/data architecture and design with an emphasis on driving toward realistic and long-lasting solutions for the data platform.
- Driven to reach consensus among multiple stakeholders and customers.
- Experience leading projects through the full software development life cycle.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Comfortable giving presentations to large groups and senior management.
- Enjoys experimentation and rapid prototyping as a means to discover what's best for your products.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; an enthusiastic "can-do" attitude is a must.
- Passion for iteration in order to find the optimal solution, but at the same time understands diminishing returns.
- Skilled in risk assessment and management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous software engineering or data system administration experience.
- Previous experience with large scale platform migrations.
- Hands-on experience with data products such as Elasticsearch, Cloudera, Hadoop, Hive, Impala, and/or Hue.
- Hands-on experience with visualization systems such as Kibana, Grafana, or Tableau.
- Hands-on experience in public cloud data products such as AWS or GCP.
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, or similar team collaboration applications.
- Certification or training in business analysis and / or product management.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Back to top