Senior Outsource Supervisor, Characters - Overwatch 2
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Outsource Supervisor, Characters - Overwatch 2
Requisition ID: R001954
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities...artists? We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we're looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment's acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet's governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched-and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world's heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Outsource Supervisor (Characters) who shares our values. Your broader experience with game development and the character pipeline will help you work collaboratively with designers, concept artists, technical artists and animators to ensure that you are always putting gameplay first when it comes to developing amazing characters.
In short, you'll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly epic and immersive game experience.
Sound fun? If you're up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!
This is a full-time position that combines hands-on art direction and character content creation. We are searching for the type of artist who can give precise and constructive visual input, as well as implement feedback to direct external artists and guide them to successful results.
Do you have strong visual direction and communication skills that can help you guide and provide detailed feedback to external art vendors? Are you an experienced and flexible artist who can complete paint-overs and clarifying break-out sketches as well as collaborate with modelers and riggers to make final edits? Do you thrive on collaborating with other character artists to build and grow relationships and help identify art needs? If you are ready to add your passion to a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers who are working together to shape the growing world of Overwatch, please read on.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Manage communications and provide feedback to artists and help maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generate detailed documentation, visual reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Own the quality control over all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team.
- Implement approved assets into the game engine, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready.
- Work closely with the art director, senior character supervisor, production team, and outsource manager to determine outsourcing needs, pipelines, budgets and costs for art assets.
- Coordinate with the outsource manager to schedule and track incoming assets.
- Create 3D game character models
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop
- Strong character, weapon, and environment modeling experience and skills
- Clear and concise communications, leadership, and people skills
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a character artist
- Familiarity with Overwatch
- Experience working with outsourcing teams
- Experience in an art director or lead artist role
- Teaching experience
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top