Senior Organizational Development Specialist
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. Blizzard’s Human Resources (HR) team is staffed with the most talented and creative people, all dedicated to fostering the best work experience possible for our fellow employees.
Our team is currently looking for a talented and passionate Senior Organizational Development Specialist with a proven track record for leading, creating, implementing, and measuring enterprise-wide OD initiatives. This person will have served global business and HR partners, bring knowledge for advancing people and organizational capabilities, and have an insatiable thirst for learning and trying new things.
Located in Irvine, Ca., this position will report to the Manager, Organizational Development. Success in this role will be heavily dependent on understanding our unique company culture and tailoring solutions to meet our employees and organization where they are at. This position primarily works with the Global Talent & Organizational Development team, HR Partners, and the business to develop and implement programs that will create a pipeline of talented leaders across the enterprise.
- Global Program Management: lead and support global organizational development initiatives, including but not limited to performance management, talent planning, competencies, organizational design, and change management.
- Organizational Design: develop and implement an organizational design approach to aid HR partners and the business in determining structures that will support the strategy of the organization and employee engagement and productivity. Provide support where needed.
- Change Management: develop and deliver an enterprise-wide change management approach to aid HR partners and the business to manage change effectively, considering communication aspects, implementation, and long term sustainability. Provide support where needed.
- Internal Consulting: act as an internal consultative partner for business units in supporting managers / leaders, special projects, and team development and effectiveness. Some examples include:
- Diagnosis with the client
- Intervention design and analysis
- Process facilitation
- Performance consulting
- 360-degree feedback
- Needs Assessment:
- Support cross-functional business units with assessing talent needs and developing talent management systems and / or programs.
- Work with T&OD leadership, HR, and business leaders to collect data, analyze findings, and recommend improvements, changes, and / or organizational effectiveness programs to implement.
- Program Support: assist on other enterprise-wide OD programs with local and regional management and HR partners.
- Metrics: determine and drive appropriate evaluation methods for intervention and program effectiveness that measures change in capabilities and behavior.
- Instructional Design & Facilitation: Design and facilitate leadership development and OD-related training materials.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading or implementing organizational development processes and programs within an organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational development methodologies and philosophies
- Excellence in consulting, coaching, influencing, facilitation, communication, process development, project management, change management, analysis, evaluation, and problem solving
- Ability to navigate and establish priorities in a dynamic environment
- Unquestionable business, personal integrity, and values congruent with those of Blizzard
- Strong service orientation, social interaction skills, and self-confidence
- Advanced individual contributor - ability to work independently with little direction
- Advanced degree in organizational development, organizational psychology, industrial organizational psychology, or related field
- Familiarity with systems thinking and/or design thinking
- A passion for games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top