Senior Organizational Development Expert
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. Blizzard’s Human Resources (HR) team is staffed with the most talented and creative people, all dedicated to fostering the best work experience possible for our employees.
Our team is currently looking for a talented and passionate Senior Organizational Development Specialist with a proven track record for leading, creating, implementing, and measuring OD initiatives. This person will have served business and HR partners, bring knowledge for advancing people and organizational capabilities, and have an insatiable thirst for learning and trying new things.
Located in Versailles, FRANCE, this position will report to the Learning & Organizational Development Manager. Success in this role will be heavily dependent on understanding our unique company culture and tailoring solutions to meet our employees and organization where they are at.
- Organizational Design and effectiveness: develop and implement an organizational design approach to aid HR partners and the business in determining structures that will support the strategy of the organization, employee engagement and organizational effectiveness. Provide support where needed.
- Change Management: develop and deliver change management interventions to aid HR partners and the business to manage change effectively, considering communication aspects, implementation, and long term sustainability. Provide support where needed.
- Internal Consulting: act as an internal consultative partner for HR and the business units in supporting managers / leaders, special projects, and team development and effectiveness. Some examples include:
- Diagnosis with the client
- Intervention design and analysis
- Process facilitation
- Performance consulting
- 360-degree feedback
- Needs Assessment: Support cross-functional business units with assessing talent/development needs and developing talent management systems and / or programs.
- Instructional Design & Facilitation: Design and facilitate leadership development and OD-related training materials.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in leading or implementing organizational development processes and programs within an organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational development methodologies, philosophies, concepts and processes
- Knowledge and application of key learning skills: needs assessment, instructional design, project management, facilitation and evaluation.
- Excellence in consulting, coaching, influencing, facilitation, communication, process development, project management, change management, analysis, evaluation, and problem solving
- Ability to navigate and establish priorities in a dynamic environment
- Unquestionable business, personal integrity, and values congruent with those of Blizzard
- A collaborative and team oriented work mentality
- Strong service orientation, social interaction skills, and self-confidence
- Advanced individual contributor - ability to work independently with little direction
- Coaching experience and qualification
- Advanced degree in organizational development, organizational psychology, industrial organizational psychology, or related field
- Learning technology and eLearning experience
- Familiarity with systems thinking and/or design thinking
- A passion for games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top