Senior Manager, World of Warcraft Analytics
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptional leader & strategic thinker who will drive analytics strategy in partnership with the World of Warcraft development team.
Your team will be multidisciplinary and includes business & gameplay insights analysts, dashboard developers, data scientists, data engineers, and program managers. At your fingertips will be an ever-growing ocean of data summarizing every monster killed, gold piece collected, subscription initiated, and so much more. Your challenge will be to contribute to World of Warcraft’s continued success as a game and a business as our millions of players embark on epic journeys across Azeroth.
Our ideal candidate is confident in their ability to take an open-ended hypothesis and manage a structured analysis around it yet humble enough to learn from the dozens of designers, engineers, and other partners that participate in making World of Warcraft the experience our players deserve.
- Develop and manage towards a data analytics vision for World of Warcraft
- Conceptualize, design, and deliver insight-driven analysis to inform and shape decisions
- Partner with the senior leadership of Blizzard and the World of Warcraft development team to understand strategic priorities and operational needs
- Manage and professionally develop a multidisciplinary team of analytics professionals all focused on World of Warcraft
- Collaborate with other Blizzard game and discipline-based analytical teams
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current World of Warcraft news and gameplay trends
- Stay abreast of global video game industry business trends and proactively consider implications for Blizzard
- Proven ability to deliver results and impact.
- Successful record of building and mentoring high-performing analytical teams.
- MBA or other advanced degree in analytical field from a top-tier institution
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with strategic problem solving and delivering results to stakeholders.
- Exemplary professional communication skills.
- Experience with large individual customer behavioral data sets (gaming, retail, financial services) and expertise in analytical best practices.
- Deep understanding of the video games industry and World of Warcraft’s role in the gaming ecosystem
- Considerable experience with World of Warcraft as a player
- Experience with relational databases, big-data infrastructure (i.e. Hadoop), and data analysis tools (i.e. SQL & Tableau)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top