Senior Manager, Strategy and Team Business Operations
Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that their fans have the best experience possible. Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports. We’ll be launching Overwatch League in 2017.
The Senior Manager, Strategy & Team Business Operations will lead and support a wide range of strategic initiatives supporting both league and team launches and ongoing operations. You are responsible for the development of best practices across teams in the areas of business, operations, and competition for all the league’s teams, with an eye toward tackling the complex and the ambiguous.
You will relish the opportunity to launch an ambitious global initiative. You and your team will tackle a wide range of challenges and guide teams of creative, operational, and executive personnel. You’re able to bring strategic insight and advanced expertise in a wide variety of topics, such as development processes, statistics, business modeling, knowledge management, finance and operations management.
- Define and develop strategy across a wide range of business areas including all aspects of team operations, branding and marketing, sponsorship, merchandise, and live events
- Partner with league leadership and team ownership to model and define best practices across all areas of team business and operations to ensure the highest functioning teams in esports.
- Cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at teams and serve as a liaison between the teams and the league office
- Drive research and apply structured analysis to achieve insights on big game-changing business initiatives; present information that is relevant and understandable to stakeholders.
- Evaluate business initiative proposals, and communicate recommendations to team leadership and executives.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the league’s business intelligence and operations teams on key initiatives of strategic importance to the league.
- Collaborate closely with business intelligence, finance and marketing to monitor health of the league and team businesses.
- 8+ years of experience in an advanced business strategy function, preferably in sports or video games
- 4+ years of experience in leadership and management of cross-functional teams
- Significant knowledge of sports business operations, or esports products and intellectual properties
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and draw actionable business strategy
- MBA or other advanced business degree
- Experience in consulting or private equity
- Experience in a start-up environment or launch of large-scale initiatives
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include why you are interested in working at Overwatch League
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top