Senior Manager, Program Management
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Manager to lead our Corporate Applications Program Management team. The individual in this role will lead key strategic initiatives and will be responsible for end-to-end ownership of products and/or programs including concept inception, delivery, and adoption. This position will interface closely with executives, business stakeholders, product designers and software engineers to deliver innovative solutions for Blizzard.
- Lead the program management team: build it, manage it, and motivate it as required. Coach and mentor the team, building their maturity and authority.
- Manage the program budget. Ensure that costs incurred are monitored against plans and realize benefits as planned as the program progresses.
- Plan the overall program from end-to-end. Monitor and report progress.
- Identify issues and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all stakeholders, within the team, within the organization, and beyond.
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related programs/projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives. Approve the project plans of the project teams, negotiating work packages as required. Ensure the delivery of these work packages within the set time, quality, and budget constraints.
- Manage and resolve dependencies between programs.
- Manage the program risks, and embed a risk management process into the program from the outset.
- Be responsible for program quality, and embed quality processes into the program from the outset.
- Report overall program status to the steering group at regular intervals and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Responsible and accountable for deliverables from third-parties as necessary.
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance as necessary.
- Create and maintain the program plan, showing an integrated realization of the key deliverables of the program.
- Put in place the governance and operational working practices of the program management team.
- Forward thinking with focus on multi-year goals for the team and then executing against them, proven experience and decision making capabilities at this level
- 10+ plus years industry experience as a lead or senior program manager, product manager, or similar building world class platforms and services
- A track record of delivering complex programs.
- Exceptional leadership skills that include, but are not limited to selection, performance management, talent planning, and development and recognition
- Experience of working within, influencing within, and networking within a matrix environment.
- Conversant with project management methodologies and IT service management (ITIL) standards.
- Able to create a sense of community and shared direction amongst a disparate and diverse program team.
- Ability to build credibility, trust, and rapport with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside of the organization.
- A forward thinker who takes the initiative and identifies gaps in the program and makes recommendations.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- A good listener.
- Proactive and sophisticated management of key stakeholders.
- A proactive communicator who will seek to communicate rather than wait to be asked. Proactive engagement within the organization to build awareness of the program.
- Business focused: always looking to maximize benefits for the business and minimize downside risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Optional MBA.
- Optional program management qualification (PgMP or MSP).
- Experience of working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Experienced in leading large teams of 100+ people.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top