Senior Manager Franchise Lead
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Manager, Franchise Lead to join Blizzard Entertainment Shanghai office.
The successful candidate will be passionate about video games, innovative and motivated, he should enjoy working in a fun environment to bring epic experiences to our players.
The Senior Manager, Franchise Lead will oversee designated game and services, leading the Brand and Project manager to deliver Blizzard value proposition to our customers and interface with our operating partner, Blizzard internal stakeholders and development team in headquarter(HQ), to communicate China needs and initiatives. Strong game knowledge, China publishing/marketing experience and project management experience in the game, internet products, or fast moving consumer products industry are required.
The ideal candidate should have very strong critical and analytical thinking, communication and influencing skills. The position will report to Senior Director, Product and Franchise, and require to work closely with respective brand managers, project managers, and PR manager in China.
- Plan and align the local franchise strategy for the designated franchise with global. Support and collaborate with our partner on overall publishing planning and execution as well as franchise brand building in China
- Manage the Brand and Project manager to work closely with the local publishing team to drive franchise performance in China from a marketing, brand, PR, live operations, and project management perspective.
- Closely work with respective global publishing, and development team for efficient communication.
- Foster and maintain a close relationship with the China publishing team and HQ stakeholders, to help bridge communications between the local publishing team and HQ dev teams.
- Proactively investigate, identify, provide visibility of local risks and considerations on all aspects of publishing; gather feedback, develop solutions and communicate to stakeholders with a sense of urgency.
- Actively monitor ongoing game performance, and service quality & stability.
- Maintain a strong awareness of local game trends, updates, and needs in order to mitigate any possible risks and communicate them to stakeholders in local and HQ development and business teams.
- Passion for games, particularly Blizzard games
- A minimum of 8 years’ publishing, marketing or product management experience with a minimum of 3 years’ working in video game or Hi-tech / internet industry
- Strong knowledge of product management, and demonstrated success in defining and launching commercial products
- Proactive working style: take initiative to improve process, proactively communicate with teams, follow-up on issues and bring deliverables to completion
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Mandarin.
- Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively with departmental, regional, and global leads
- Good knowledge of game development process and associated tools and technologies
- Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to Blizzard standards
- Willing to travel
- Shipped AAA PC game
- Experience with video game development pipelines, online games operation
- Experience working in a multicultural setting and across cultures.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top