Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, Esports
Blizzard Entertainment has served as a fundamental force in competitive gaming for over 15 years. With our global esports initiatives continuing to expand, evolve and reach new audiences, we’re searching the world over for talented people who are as excited about the amazing competition taking place in Blizzard games as we are.
We’re seeking an experienced financial lead to guide focused financial planning and analysis for our diverse suite of esports programs. The position will be part of Blizzard’s finance organization, but working directly with the our esports business operations and product teams.
- Primary finance business partner for the leaders of Blizzard’s Esports organization.
- Create and communicate financial insights to help leadership evaluate and drive resource and prioritizations decisions, both through long-term tools and ad-hoc studies.
- Lead financial evaluation of new business models and opportunities.
- Develop financial cost management tools to support organizational goals.
- Lead financial analysis of esports programs including financial statements, forecast and planning, cost management, and resource prioritization.
- Determine, develop, and deliver the right set of quantitative and qualitative data to help manage business considerations for a franchise.
- Collaborate with Blizzard financial team, leveraging Blizzard systems, data and processes to fulfill esports data needs
- Work with global operations, marketing, and finance groups to coordinate budgets, forecasts, and priorities.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in finance or business analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline
- Superlative talent for analysis and communication of analysis
- Demonstrated successes leveraging complex data sets to drive informed business decisions
- Sense of urgency and problem-solving initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interface with a diverse set of stakeholders in a global environment (including finance, business operations, and development leaders)
- Integrity, excellent judgment and discretion, diplomacy skills
- Passion for games
- Experience with multinational organizations and global audiences
- Work experience related to gaming, traditional sports or media
- Management or strategy consulting experience
- Avid player of Blizzard games and a passion for esports
- MBA or CFA
- Experience with Oracle Essbase
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top