Senior Manager, Esports Operations
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a smart and driven leader with the right mix of formal business management skills, operations prowess, passion for gaming, and experience in a high-tech and creative environment to join our esports team. This person will lead Blizzard Esports’ Shared Operations team, a highly cross-functional team that provides centralized resources and operations support to all of the Blizzard esports franchises.
The ideal individual has extensive experience building and growing large teams and is a facilitator of communication/decision-making around any given project, process, or initiative. The candidate must be someone who excels at building trust between teams, and works exceedingly hard to foster working relationships from different disciplines.
- Provide leadership and direction for the centralized esports functions (Shared Resources) supporting World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and StarCraft esports.
- Manage the operations of our global esports products while successfully partnering with other functional teams, such as product management, business operations, events, broadcast, publishing, finance, and legal to deliver an epic entertainment experience.
- Oversee the project management and shared resources teams in the implementation of best practices, process development, project tracking, resource allocation, scheduling, budgeting, setting appropriate priorities, and problem solving.
- Lead and guide the esports operations managers, and their teams in the global execution of their related services and the establishment of their service KPIs to measure success over time.
- Maintain communication with the esports franchise and product leads to ensure the operations strategies are aligned with the franchise goals and fit into the overall Blizzard franchise long-term development plans.
- Create and maintain a creative and collaborate environment, resolve personnel challenges, serve as custodian of team health, and foster a culture of success.
- Coach, guide, and mentor the project and operations leads towards achieving their career goals.
- Work with necessary teams to define and conquer any hurdles necessary to execute the esports vision as defined by the director of esports operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- A minimum of 5 years in a formal management role
- A minimum of 3 years experience working on cross-functional projects with a global scope
- Experience hiring and growing teams
- Proven record of developing and executing programs at a superior quality level
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; team player
- Proven ability to develop relationships across many departments and levels
- Proven ability to exert influence without authority
- Comfortable with uncertainty
- Able to travel internationally when needed
- Passionate about Blizzard games
- Passion and experience in esports
- Experience working outside the United States, particularly in business and / or operations
- Experience in entertainment or software development industries launching AAA products
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top