Senior Manager, Editorial
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
Major League Gaming (MLG) is looking for a Sr. Manager, Editorial to help manage content publishing across a world-class gaming media platform. In this role, you will manage the tone of content -- art and copy -- published to MLG’s owned and operated apps. This role will report directly to the Head of Operations for MLG Network, and will directly manage and grow a team of editors and producers.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Lead the operations of MLG’s publishing group
- Define success metrics for the team and be accountable for them
- Collaborate closely with the programming team to deliver a great experience for all original programming
- Work closely with business intelligence and research to understand and optimize engagement across MLG platforms
- Partner closely with social media and marketing teams to establish consistent tone across all platforms where MLG publishes content
- Help define publishing and content management tool requirements
- Manage and grow a team of editors and producers
- This role will include some weekend and evening work around live event coverage
- 6+year of editorial experience in digital media
- 2+ years of people management leading best-in-class teams
- Strong credentials building audience for a video-centric media organization
- Deep experience leading cross-functional groups and setting agendas in a matrixed environment
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong photoshop/photo editing skills
- Active gamer and gaming enthusiast
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top