Senior Manager, Digital Content - Overwatch League
The Overwatch League is seeking an experienced digital content creator to lead the Overwatch League global social media team and digital content efforts. This person should be passionate about the video game, entertainment, and sports industries, innovative brand storytelling, and player communities. This role will help define and execute multi-channel content strategies to grow our Overwatch League social channels, increase content reach and engagement, effectively leverage and curate user-generated content, and optimize social content production and media spend. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, with a proven track record of large-scale content campaigns, experience running editorial processes and content calendars, and excels in social media marketing. Must play and/or understand Overwatch.
This position will report to the Director, Brand Marketing for the Overwatch League and will have one direct report to start with the possibility of more.
- Develop and manage the strategic content calendar for all marketing channels across the Overwatch League ecosystem, assign topics to content contributors and manage editing, posting, and amplification of content across all relevant channels to drive tune-in, engagement, and fan acquisition.
- Drive evolution and innovation of social media, organic and paid content, integrated digital content campaigns, and influencer programs across the organization, including Path to Pro
- Lead strategy and content development of the Overwatch League’s video and graphics across web, social, and mobile
- Develop and lead a high performing team; manage global social media coordinator(s), from strategy and analytics to content production for matchdays and events
- Stay on the cutting edge of industry trends, new platforms, and best practices in digital story-telling and content opportunities to drive revenue and grow audiences
- Lead cross channel campaign brainstorming by gathering ideas and input from regional teams and city-based OWL Teams
- Own multi-region partnerships with third party social platforms and key opinion leaders to support a campaign
- Consider content design to best fit business needs – from static assets, motion graphics, text, videos, live streams, etc.
- Establish and communicate desired tone, style guide, framework, as well as aid with the written content to ensure copy writing upholds to the standards set
- Lead social listening efforts to ensure rapid response to emerging trends and opportunities
- Partner with the other teams within the Overwatch League, such as public relations, marketing, production, web, licensing, and customer support for large social initiatives
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and agencies
- Work alongside the Global Insights team to analyze and report on both paid and organic content to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation
- A minimum of 6-7 years’ experience planning and managing social media channels and content for professional sports, video game, entertainment, or technology outlets
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience with third-party relationship management
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or equivalent experience in storytelling
- Must play and/or understand Overwatch
- Extensive experience in social media content, engagement, and analytics
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; must be able to contribute to creative writing across social media platforms
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Highly creative and collaborative
- Able to travel, including international travel, and work long hours and weekends as needed
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at the Overwatch League
- Example of a publicly available social media campaign you managed
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Back to top