Senior Manager, Business Development and International Sales
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
We’re seeking a senior manager, business development and international sales to strategically organize and enhance Activision Blizzard and MLG’s international revenue opportunities. The successful candidate will be a driven, motivated senior manager eager to play a leadership role in how we are collaborating across regions for maximized potential. We are looking for someone who thinks strategically and can manage and communicate across various teams and regions effectively.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Work with global regional leaders to understand Activision Blizzard esports distribution, sponsorship and advertising sales opportunities, with the goal of tapping into unrealized revenue streams
- Utilize analytical tools to evaluate new international opportunities across the portfolio
- Be a resource for global teams with real-time information, updates on opportunities and sales collateral to facilitate revenue
- Organize and drive informational calls with esports teams in Irvine, Santa Monica, EU, APAC and ANZ regions
- Manage the negotiation and closing of deals with television and digital broadcasters to expand distribution and increase sales in the designated territories
- Follow-up with clients on requests and coordinate solutions to contract/distribution issues where required
- Establish and enhance relationships with territories broadcasters, with intention of maximizing potential sales of the company’s product
- Monitor the marketplace for changes that affect sales activities, both directly and indirectly
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to assess risk and new opportunities in each region
- Work with distribution partners to ensure high-quality and impactful broadcast production
- Work with business development, content and programming teams on distribution strategy, logistics, and content calendar
- Collaborate with esports leadership to establish product KPIs and measure program success over time
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with teams across the company to execute distribution plans, including the development teams, community, marketing, public relations, events, broadcast, IT, legal, web and others
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience in business development, sports sponsorship or international sales with 3 or more years of management experience
- Demonstrated penchant for creating revenue generating opportunities through strategic analysis
- Strategic thinker with excellent leadership, management, and communication skills
- Passion for video games, and knowledge of esports and media marketplace
- Willingness to work across company locations including Irvine, Santa Monica, New York and available for international travel
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Previous experience at league or network
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top