Senior Localization Manager
Blizzard Entertainment Europe is looking for a senior manager who will develop creative skills and collaboration for the Localization group within the Localization and Quality Assurance (QA) organization in Europe. A strong experience in a creative environment, talented in Localization and leadership is a must.
The Senior Localization Manager, Europe leads the European Creative Localization group made up of the Translation, Editing, Localization Specialist and Audio-Visual teams.
- Build, manage and help execute the strategic localization plan for Europe in collaboration with the Localization Production and QA Managers.
- Responsible for providing solid leadership to translation, editing, localization specialist and audio visual teams to reach group goals.
- Work with all development and localization stakeholders to ensure that Blizzard localization standards are being upheld.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners and cross-functional global stakeholders.
- Build and develop best-of-class localization teams.
- Motivate and provide inspirational leadership and direction to all employees, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Ensure that communication, teamwork and collaboration across organizational boundaries (Localization, QA, PMO and Global teams) and between the local teams are fluid and efficient.
- A passion for video games and the industry
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in related fields
- Strong leadership skills capabilities (a minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing teams)
- Ability to communicate in English in a fluent, clear, concise, professional and effective manner
- Ability to formulate and execute strategic plans
- Strong experience in a creative environment
- Strong organizational, decision making and presentation skills
- Great at inspiring creativity and confidence in others, ability to motivate and influence at all levels
- Experience in creative team training and help with their development
- Excellent understanding of localization or comparable production cycle
- Understanding of gaming communities and specific requirements in Europe
- Analytic and curious mind-set to identify opportunities and proactively offer solutions
- Self-motivation, high level of commitment, and excellent teamwork skills
- Degree in a related field
- Experience in managing multicultural teams
- PMP, Agile development and Scrum certifications
- Good knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment products and services
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top