World of Warcraft
Senior Level Designer, World of Warcraft
The World of Warcraft team is seeking a talented and passionate individual for our Level Design team. You will collaborate with the Art and Design disciplines to build our highly immersive and beautiful world that is enjoyed by millions of players every day. You will participate in the creation of all types of spaces, ranging from exterior zones, dungeons, raids, arenas, battlegrounds and more, frequently owning the process from start to final art polish. Your thorough understanding of world building, artistic composition, and boundless creativity are integral to supporting the player experience and telling the visual stories of the world...of Warcraft!
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer competitive benefits and strive for a healthy work / life balance. We work hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, and we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences... ever. Join us!
What you will do...
- Create our beautiful world from 2d maps & pitches to final art polish with your environmental composition, terrain sculpting and painting, asset placement, and lighting skills.
- Design and build engaging gameplay spaces that successfully support WoW level flow & navigation, visual storytelling, and questing experiences.
- Work collaboratively within the team and with other disciplines to encourage playtesting and feedback and rapidly iterate.
- Embrace Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matters," contributing to a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines and departments.
- Optimize your content so it can be enjoyed by as many players as possible.
- Assist in mentoring junior designers.
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity.
To succeed, you must have...
- Experience building and iterating on multiplayer game levels.
- Demonstrated artistic execution of outdoor world spaces, including composition, terrain sculpting, painting, and detailed visual storytelling through asset placement.
- Excellent understanding of how to design and layout open world games and what makes World of Warcraft unique.
- Ability to self-manage.
We are also interested in hearing stories you may have about...
- Experience working on MMOs or open world games.
- Experience with WoW.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.