Senior Level Designer
Blizzard Entertainment is looking to grow the ranks of our level designer team on World of Warcraft.
This design position will involve the creative design and technical implementation of our outdoor world zones. The ideal candidate will be an experienced level designer for games, with good technical skills in creating 3D spaces, developed art skills including a strong visual aesthetic, good people skills, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of World of Warcraft, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
· 10+ years of Professional experience building, sculpting, and texture painting Exterior 3D spaces
o We use our own propriety software for level design, but experience with other world building and terrain sculpting engines is comparable (Unreal etc)
· Experience having responsibility for visual world building and world development
· Strong artistic skills and a good sense of aesthetic principals
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- Leadership experience in the level design space
- Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials
- Resume which should include:
- A link to your portfolio so that we can see examples of your work
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience and relationship with World of Warcraft
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top