Senior Legal Counsel
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced, motivated, and highly organized legal professional to join Blizzard’s in-house legal team and support our business in Europe and emerging markets.
The ideal candidate has international legal experience in the entertainment industry with profound expertise in e-commerce and intellectual property law. Experience supporting multiple regions is a distinct advantage. The successful candidate will be responsible for closely partnering with the business and offering counsel for internal stakeholders on aspects such as e-commerce, competition and intellectual property law; whilst also having ownership of phrasing a wide variety of agreements.
- Review, negotiate and draft a wide variety of agreements including, license agreements, distribution agreements, esports agreements and other commercial contracts
- Play a critical role in protecting company’s intellectual property rights
- Assess legal risk and advise on regulatory, compliance and anti-trust matters
- Provide a wide range of legal advice on competition, e-commerce, consumer protection, youth protection laws, including the drafting of EULAs, TOS, etc.
- Work closely with and provide legal guidance to the business teams supporting them in developing their business strategies
- Deal with and assess the risk on litigation matters
- Remain up to date on emerging legal trends and changes within the region.
- Law degree from a European law university or equivalent legal education
- A minimum of 4 years post qualification work experience in a legal capacity in house or within a law firm preferably within the entertainment industry
- Expertise in intellectual property law
- Good record in dealing with competition and e-commerce matters
- Experience in drafting a variety of agreements with an emphasis on entertainment and intellectual property contracts and licenses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent legal research skills
- Strategic and creative thinking; exercising excellent business judgment
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Self-starting personality with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Knowledge of international business
- Experience in a games or entertainment company as a legal professional
- A passion for video games and esports
- Fluency in other European languages
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top