Senior Group Product Manager
- Irvine, CA
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
We are looking for a hardworking, passionate, and skilled Group Product Manager (GPM) to inspire gamers through the creation of the world’s best online game platform which enables them to engage in Blizzard’s legendary fantasy worlds.
Why work on just one game when you can work on all games? The Battle.net group is responsible for several platform products that are not tied to individual games but shared among all of Blizzard’s games present and future. You will work alongside technical leaders and executive staff for all games at Blizzard. You will be a seasoned leader with games-as-a-service product experience. Prior experience leading large, complex, multi-year platform projects, the right balance of technical and soft skills, experience with large scale complex online services, a passion for building great services end-to-end, the interpersonal skills to drive quality across complex organizations, and the ability to partner with many different types of people.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Direct multiple teams of engineers and program managers to evaluate and implement platform solutions to meet the needs of Battle.net, Blizzard, and Activision
- Lead the team to make intelligent trade-offs between building a great platform and building critical functionality to specific internal partners
- Balance the need to keep infrastructure operational and meeting the needs of consumer teams, and the needs of the internal team to make forward progress on the next generation of features
- Able to split time, effectively managing, developing and mentoring leaders and setting direction while driving alignment
- Will have end-to-end product responsibilities for multiple teams
- Direct interaction with partners and executives, excellent communications skills are a requirement
- Forward thinking with focus on multi-year goals for the team and then executing against them, proven experience and decision-making capabilities at this level
- Ensure that software is being developed at high quality and meeting the platform tenets
- Able to manage/motivate the team
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a lead, product manager, or similar building world-class platforms and services
- Strong social skills and a love for collaboration
- Demonstrated success in building successful engineering teams, strong people, customer and partner relationships
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
- Desire to be an expert that others can learn from
- Willingness and experience mentoring others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exceptional leadership skills that include, but are not limited to selection, performance management, talent planning, and development and recognition
- Consistent track record of solving problems, continuously improving systems and processes
- Able to succeed in a chaotic, undefined environment
- Able to interact with all partners; lead by example
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top