Senior Game Producer, Release Management - World of Warcraft
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Game Producer, Release Management - World of Warcraft
Requisition ID: R002100
The World of Warcraft development team is seeking a Senior Producer to take on Release Management responsibilities for our epic content updates. Under the Live Operations umbrella, you will work with stakeholders from all disciplines to establish release frameworks and guidelines, champion holistic content ownership, define release timelines, apprise leadership and the team at large of our content's health and readiness, identify and help mitigate risks associated with our launches, and successfully deliver quality content to our players.
We need someone who can coordinate with stakeholders of all disciplines to deliver stable content for World of Warcraft while balancing the competing priorities involved with shipping game content that is both on schedule and Blizzard quality.
Every voice matters with the World of Warcraft team and we are eager for yours to join us in discussing and solving the exciting challenges that come with releasing content for the most critically acclaimed MMO franchise in the world.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Coordinate the efforts of the content development and release cycle, ensuring smooth and timely communication among stakeholders from inception to release
- Serve as the main point of contact between the World of Warcraft team and external team partners for release dependencies
- Establish and maintain content release timelines, standards and documentation
- Communicate the status of content in development to team leadership, development, QA and publishing partners
- Work with developers, QA and CS to identify, escalate, and mitigate risks associated with content updates
- Coordinate with Live Ops Production in the operation of the Public Test Realm, Release Candidate build generation, and final content deployment
- 3 years of experience working on games as a live service or 5 years of experience in a production role
- Skilled in communicating effectively with key stakeholders and the team as a whole
- Experience with video game/software development cycles
- Familiarity with all disciplines of game development
- Detail and process-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively under important deadlines
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- The ability to remove ambiguities in communications and planning by refining them with more detail
- Promotes and contributes to a culture of inclusion and diversity.
- Proficient with Jira and Confluence
- Previous Operations Experience
- Passion for game development and MMO games
- Knowledge of World of Warcraft gameplay and systems
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
World of Warcraft
Back to top