Senior Game Designer, World of Warcraft
- Irvine, CA
We are looking for an experience and talented game designer for the World of Warcraft (WoW) team. You are a multi-talented and expert game designer with the ability to adapt to various forms of content or systems design. You are capable of taking responsibility for realizing our design philosophies in the form of epic, engaging content.
You will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, extensive knowledge of WoW, and a long-standing passion for games.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Works as part of the Design Group, and takes responsibility for large features, systems, and content.
- Provides mentoring and feedback to the sub-discipline leads reporting to them.
- Collaborates with the other department leads to ensure positive communication and problem solving between disciplines.
- Works with production to assist, and provide feedback on, high level plans and schedules.
- Partners with the Design Manager to provide feedback and assist in career development for relevant parts of the team.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in game design, including senior or lead design experience on a shipped product
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Extensive content and systems design experience. Ideally someone who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery.
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing, and / or mentoring others
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top