Senior FX Artist
Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft, Overwatch, Hearthstone, and The Lost Vikings - which is your favorite Blizzard universe? Having a hard time choosing? You don't have to!
Blizzard is looking for a Hero who can champion an idea from concept to completion. Having strong interpersonal skills and collaborating with others is an important component of the role in addition to your art skillset. We value positive team-players who both give constructive feedback and are open to it in return. The ideal Senior FX artist candidate is able to conceptualize and create natural, sci-fi, and fantastical effects. From crazy arcane fireballs to insane plasma beams, bring your creativity to the Nexus!
As an FX artist on the Heroes of the Storm team, you will have the unique opportunity to create FX from our entire catalogue of iconic Blizzard franchises. You will contribute your own ideas and FX to enrich both our game and universes.
Sounds fun? If you are up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Create FX for characters, mounts and other assets
- Collaborate with art, design, and animation departments to deliver heroes, skins, maps, mounts, and other supporting assets that meet the highest visual quality and gameplay standards
- Understand, maintain, explore, and enhance our visual style guide
- 5+ years’ experience in game development as an FX artist
- Experience developing particle systems and geometry based visual effects
- Strong Photoshop skills for creating effect textures for use with particle systems / animated geometry
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver with a great team first attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for video games
- Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment’s visual style, and the desire to push it to the next level
- Modeling and texturing experience for props, and / or characters
- Strong working knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya, or equivalent 3D programs
- Animation experience
- Previously shipped a AAA PC, or console title
- Experience with the creation of next-gen shaders, and materials
- Experience with MaxScript, Mel or Python
- Familiar with the MOBA genre
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter** which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top