Senior Front-end Engineer, Content Platform
As a Senior Front-end Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in developing Blizzard products by contributing new features and optimizations to the architecture, tools and development workflow of our Content Platform, the system that powers news, patch notes, comics and content sharing across dozens of Blizzard websites, apps, and internal systems. You’ll work side-by-side with other framework maintainers and feature contributors, helping to drive stability, performance, testing and maintainability through consultation and code review.
If you’re right for this role, you’re experienced at building scalable web applications, tools and build processes, and have a strong sense for design and UX. You’re also an effective communicator, ready to collaborate with numerous stakeholders to help make content creation and consumption as epic as possible. Ultimately, you’ll help the team overcome some of our most unique, vital challenges: expanding our digital experiences and unlocking Blizzard content for millions of users.
- Collaborate with members of the team to build sustainable, performant, and maintainable technologies and code
- Contribute to architectural, design, and process discussions around the technological choices involved in building the Content Platform
- Identify and uphold front-end engineering best practices
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values
- A degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping multiple applications using React.js
- Experience working with bundling tools like Webpack
- A good understanding of CSS
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Architectural experience creating highly-scalable web or desktop applications
- A solid understanding of best practices and techniques in web scalability, performance, and security
- Experience with Redux or other Flux implementation
- A firm understanding of data bindings and WebSockets
- Experience with SASS
- Passion for Blizzard games is a big plus
About Web & Mobile
Blizzard’s mission is to create the most epic entertainment experiences ever made. To help achieve that goal, the Web & Mobile team delivers websites, mobile apps, and other digital experiences that bring together millions of people from around the world, from first-time users to hardcore fans. We work in an open, diverse, inclusive and family-friendly culture, where we focus on inviting players to discover and explore our games, and provide them with a platform to connect with their friends and bond with Blizzard gamers all over the globe.
We’re looking for highly-skilled applicants to help us create online content that is beautifully designed, well-engineered, informed by solid research, and—of course—exciting and useful to our players!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top