Senior Esports Project Manager
- Define project objectives, schedule, resource requirements, budget, and deliverables in support of business goals established by the collegiate esports product team.
- Be responsible for the creation and distribution of complete project plans, related documentation, and reporting requirements to all project stakeholders, internal and external to Blizzard.
- Develop and determine status frequency, deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation along with risks, contingency plans, and roadblocks to project stakeholders and esports leadership.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members while keeping projects on track and under budget.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Manage project expectations, milestones, and deliverables.
- Conduct post mortems and create recommendations reports based on detailed project analysis.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Act as a key contact between internal departments, regional teams, partners, external vendors, and esports.
- Control, coordinate, and follow-up on recurrent tasks and assignments within the project team.
- Work with the esports project management team to help create and develop project management processes, templates and standards for the esports team.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in working as a project manager
- Formal training in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile, process development and team leadership
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills in English
- Proven ability to create, organize, prioritize, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrate ability to keep a project team focused and on track in a fast-paced environment
- Developed documentation skills showcasing a strong ability to organize information in a clear and concise manner for varying audiences
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Adaptable to changing business needs and expanded project requirements
- Persuasive, encouraging, and a motivating influence with all assigned projects
- Able to gain cooperation and reduce tension among team members and impacted departments
- Passionate about esports and dedicated to the art of project management
- Expertise in Microsoft Project, Jira or other online project management tools
- Expertise in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience working as a project manager in the esports or gaming industry
- Formal project management certification such as PMP
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top