Senior Environment Artist
Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft, and Overwatch - which is your favorite Blizzard universe? Having a hard time choosing? You don't have to!
Blizzard is looking for a Hero who can champion ideas from concept to completion. We expect your people skills to be on par with your artistic skill set. We value positive team-players who both give constructive feedback and are open to it in return. As a senior environment artist on the Heroes of the Storm team, you will have the unique opportunity to draw from more than 20 years of Blizzard games to bring our most memorable and celebrated locations into the Nexus. The Heroes of the Storm team is seeking a senior environment artist to step into the fray and help us expand our roster of awesome battlegrounds, brawls, and much more!
Sound fun? If you’re up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets
- Create textures that meld hand painted techniques with next-gen materials
- Collaborate with design, animation, and visual effects departments to deliver battlegrounds, structures, foliage, props, terrain textures and other supporting assets that meet the highest visual quality and gameplay standards
- Communicate with production, art management, and other departments
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game development as an artist in organic and hard surface modeling and texturing using 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, concept art, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Exceptional understanding of form, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
- Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment's visual style, and a passion to push it to the next level
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Excellent collaboration skills – ability to both give and receive constructive feedback
- A passion for video games
- Have shipped AAA PC, or console titles, as an environment artist
- Experience with the creation of next-gen shaders and materials in Substance
- Experience with animation and VFX
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including but not limited to environmental and architectural illustration
- Passion for Heroes and familiar with Blizzard IP and lore.
Required Application Materials
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Portfolio and Cover Letter will be considered
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top