Senior Environment Artist
The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
Blizzard Entertainment has an amazing opportunity for a Senior Environment Artist to join its next great game! The ideal candidate possesses outstanding artistic abilities, communication skills, and a truly collaborative spirit!
Our ideal candidate is able to model and texture compelling assets in the latest engines using PBR. Essential skills include a solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets. You are capable of concepting, modelling, and texturing your work! You are also up on the latest tools and technology related to Physically Based Rendering pipelines. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about working on the dark gothic world of Diablo, making great games, killing millions of monsters and getting loot!
- Author environmental assets for a PBR pipeline including concepting, modeling, and texturing assets for the Diablo World
- Work with Lead Environment Artist and the Art Director to ensure all assets are meeting the high quality bar Blizzard is known for
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in game development modeling and texturing environments using Maya, ZBrush, and Photoshop
- Experience and a portfolio demonstrating assets developed in a PBR pipeline.
- Experience working with a lead artist or art director in developing a unique and cohesive modeling and texturing style for environment assets
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Ability to mentor junior environment artists and provide meaningful feedback
- Self-driven, excellent communicator, big picture minded and a model team-player
- A passion for games
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including, but not limited to environmental illustration
- Experience creating textures in a PBR rendering pipeline using tools such as Quixel, Substance Designer, or Substance Painter
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top