Senior Engine Systems Engineer - Overwatch 2
- Irvine, CA
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…engineers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Engine (Systems) Engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for games and developing systems on multiple platforms, working in areas like core architecture, scene and entity systems, memory management, data storage and delivery systems and formats.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Chip in to the development and discussions surrounding overall engine architecture
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and engineers to develop and refine key systems which used by multiple game titles
- Design, implement and develop tools for designers and artists, including platform specific engine implementation
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Identify and resolve pipeline issues and discover opportunities for improvement
- Advanced knowledge of C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years’ application programming experience
- Experience working with game engines
- Strong proficiency in mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Able to communicate with non-technical users
- Experience working in a synergetic team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer service attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong debugging skills
- Familiar with state-of-the-art rendering techniques, shader development and graphics hardware and API’s
- Detailed knowledge of animation, camera control, and lighting
- Experience shipping game titles
- Interest in workflow automation
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top