Senior Director, Marketing
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
Major League Gaming (MLG) is looking for a Senior Director, Marketing to help create and expand a world-class gaming media platform. In this role, you will the brand steward for MLG and champion its reimagination inside Activision Blizzard. You are expert-level marketing generalist who thrives in a high-growth, exciting challenge environment. This role reports to the Head of Operations, MLG Network and manages the consumer marketing and audience development teams.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Provide strategic leadership for brand architecture and positioning
- Drive audience and engagement/retention to MLG products through social, paid media and other digital channels
- Create and maintain a strong executive team presence and work collaboratively with other teams.
- Partnering with Finance and Business Intelligence to define key performance metrics
- Prioritize resources, make data-driven decisions and deliver against success KPIs
- Work closely with colleagues across Activision Blizzard to lead integrations and collaborate on esports initiatives
- Hiring, mentoring and managing consumer marketing and audience development teams
- Manage agency relationships as necessary for marketing initiatives
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, with a major emphasis in consumer marketing focused on brand building, social and email with a media brand
- Strong multi-channel, digital marketing experience launching original content
- Leadership experience directly managing teams and influencing cross-functional partners to accomplish business goals
- Proven track record of building and beating marketing plans and forecasts
- Deep understanding of social media platforms
- Experience utilizing data-driven user and platforms insights in marketing campaigns and creative
- Expert level presentation skills to all audience levels
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a closely-related field
- Equal parts creative and scientist, with an appreciation for building a marketing team with bench strength in both
- A tendency toward inspirational ideas that stretch imaginations
- MBA from a top-tier institution
- Active gamer and gaming enthusiast
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top