Senior Concept Artist, Unannounced Project
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Concept Artist, Unannounced Project
Requisition ID: R002686
Here at Blizzard, we pride ourselves on having the passion, drive and creativity to forge amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into! To accomplish these epic goals, we need smart, collaborative people with exceptional talents. We are looking for a concept artist to join our new team on an unannounced project. This is a hyper creative role for an artist with a vibrant imagination coupled with a high degree of artistic skill.
As a Senior Concept Artist, you will work closely with the art lead and game designers to help us guide the art vision and development for our new project. You have an extensive background of experience creating digital artwork ranging from characters and environments, to icons and UI. Your goal is to champion a consistent visual style and combine inspiring art with great gameplay. Each member of our small team of veteran developers will have the chance to have a big impact on the project's overall design, artistic vision, and technology.
We value a tight-knit team that celebrates artistic passion and pushing creative bounds. If you have the desire to push your talents to help us create the next awesome Blizzard experience, then join us!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Assist the art lead in defining the art style.
- Create character, environment, structure, icon, UI, tone, or any other concepts that could be needed during development.
- Work with designers to vet their ideas through concepts.
- Effectively coach external artists to capture our art style via paint overs and concise feedback.
- Iterate on in game assets with production artists via paint overs.
- Work with the art lead to flesh out and expand our project's awesome setting.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Strong understanding of digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Excellent illustration skills, deep understanding of composition, anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette.
- Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game environments.
- A passion for video games.
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF preferred)
- Cover letter (Optional)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top