Job Title: Senior Character Technical Artist - Overwatch 2
Requisition ID: R003629
Senior Character Technical Artist - Overwatch 2
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: Irvine, Albany, Austin; also open to permanent remote option.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Character Technical Artist to join its powerhouse Overwatch development team!
You will leverage your skills by providing support throughout the character production process, working closely with 3D character artists, concept artists and animators.
Your work will be aligned to the needs of a production pipeline and teams we support, and you'll work collaboratively with other departments including game design, animation, and VFX.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated artist who is able to build complex rigs and is capable of maintaining a high level of visual and technical quality for all characters and must have a strong understanding of skinning, ragdolls, anatomy, cloth / hair, and be comfortable in a scripted environment.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in rigging/skinning characters in Maya, or similar software
- Strong knowledge of character kinematics, deformations, and topology
- High proficiency in character Skinning, Physics, and Technical Workflow
- Strong communication/collaboration skills
- Knowledge on subjects such as Maya tool development and pipeline design
- Experience in Python, or other programming languages
- Experience generating cloth / hair rigs and create art directed shot simulations
- Thorough knowledge of layout, modeling, rigging, simulations, and animation tools and workflows currently used in the industry
- Passion for Blizzard games
- Experience in Destruction, VFX, Material Creation, etc.
Submission / Portfolio Requirements
- Cover Letter
- Demo Reel and Shot Breakdown showing rigging / simulation and technical proficiency
- Only online submissions will be accepted
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.