Senior Business Operations Manager
Here at Blizzard Entertainment, game development teams are on a quest: bring our dream games to life, and make them as awesome on the screen as they are in our heads. To accomplish that, we need smart, driven people with serious talents. Members of the Heroes of the Storm team are experienced developers and die-hard Blizzard fans who strive to make the most action-packed and dynamic team brawler in the world. We are experts in a bit of everything and our team works to combine all of Blizzard’s properties, game design, and art styles into a single cohesive vision. Our goal as a team isn’t just to defy convention, we want to redefine it.
- Work with necessary teams to define and conquer any hurdles to execute the game vision as defined by the Game Director and Production Director. Coordinate the development of publishing strategies, working with cross-functional publishing leadership, to complement product and business strategies.
- Liaise between the Development Team and functional project owners in Finance, Marketing, Licensing, Business Intelligence and other non-development areas.
- Work with Marketing and Finance to review final business models and ensure necessary development support is in place.
- Work closely with Marketing, Community, PR, editorial, Web and Mobile to help develop and execute publishing strategies in support of content releases and ongoing player engagement
- Work with Business Intelligence to define metrics and develop dashboards to measure engagement and monetization success.
- Drive data analysis and research to evaluate the health of the business and to explore new business opportunities. Assimilate feedback from players, competitive research, market trends, and quantitative data to propose and make recommendations that impact game content and product vision.
- Develop, evaluate, and analyze big game-changing initiatives. Work with the Game Team on monetization design, strategy and execution; envision in-game content and business model recommendations; set requirements and create specifications for monetization features; drive and operate the resulting initiatives.
- Apply rigor and creativity to business design and decisions.
- Analyze the competitive landscape, and benchmark Blizzard monetization against competitors.
- Layer expert analysis and insight on top of data to support decision making.
- Develop testing methodologies, analyze data, and partner research teams to optimize price points and model the impact of new game features.
- Regularly review monetization strategy and performance, and present results to stakeholders. Prepare and present business materials to executive stakeholders.
- Maintain oversight of all international publishing efforts in support of content releases and ongoing activities. Consolidate global plans to ensure the critical path is clear and overall vision and direction is well understood by key stakeholders.
- A minimum of 10 years’ direct work experience and at least 2 years’ management experience with a minimum of 3 years’ working in video game or Hi-tech / internet industry
- Proven experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to align development resources against the business vision
- Hands-on business experience and proven ability to use analytics to drive development and strategy
- Substantial experience in a process or functional leadership role
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; able to communicate effectively with software developers and business leaders alike
- Proven ability to exert influence without authority
- Comfortable with extremely dynamic and ever changing priorities
- Passionate about video games and in particularly, Heroes of the Storm and StarCraft II
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top