Senior Brand Manager, Global Publishing
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming but entertainment and the technology that drives our user's experience.
Blizzard is on a quest to find a legendary Senior Brand Manager who is a grandmaster at their craft. This is someone who has a deep understanding of marketing strategy and branding, but also has a keen appreciation for the roles community, PR, web, creative, and of course, developers play in creating epic publishing experiences for players. They will lead the end-to-end development and execution of publishing plans, set product positioning, develop creative projects, and help shape long term publishing strategy for key Blizzard franchises. They recognize players come from different realms all over the world, and actively seek to engage, collaborate with, and empower regional teams to succeed. They are a servant leader who puts the needs of their team first, constantly power-leveling the team's talent trees. Most importantly they have a huge well of empathy for players because they are players themselves.
- Strategic Planning. Drive both short and long-term strategic planning for a franchise, setting global publishing goals, steering pricing strategy, identifying key beats & KPIs, and applying publishing frameworks.
- Leadership. Lead with clarity and empathy, providing teams a clear brand vision for the franchise, and supporting their efforts to rank up their own areas of expertise.
- Product Campaigns. Manage the global coordination around go-to-market plans with the precision of a raid leader for product announcements, features, and updates. Everyone knows what to do, when to do it, and of course, to not stand in the fire.
- Collaboration. Always trying hard to find that organizational holy grail - alignment! - listening first, articulating goals, and whenever there are gaps, finding common ground across development, regional, and cross-functional publishing teams.
- Creative. Create memorable publishing experiences for players with authentic creative campaigns that resonate with them, and you also wouldn't mind posting to your own social media feed.
- Knowledge. Know what you know, and for what you don't know you are relentless in seeking those answers through data, analytics, surveys, and focus groups. You are not in the business of "massaging" the data to fit a desired outcome, and only seek honest answers to tough questions.
- Experience working effectively and constructively with development, publishing, regional, and external agency teams.
- Veteran leading product launch campaigns at scale, including mobile products, and the self-awareness to understand learnings from both the successes and the failures.
- Master of mobile ecosystems, platforms, channels, ASO, and performance marketing.
- Track record of creative projects they are proud of, and not proud of.
- History of managing direct reports who succeeded under their guidance and would be willing to work with them again.
- Does not make distinction between life achievements and gaming achievements - they are one and the same.
- 10+ years of experience in a marketing or related field.
- MBA strongly preferred.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Creating props for World of Warcraft means Ashleigh gets to act as an interior decorator for the game—crafting anything the characters would make, from initial concept to completion.
Back to top