Senior Associate, Strategic Initiatives
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Senior Associate to support our Strategic Initiatives team. The team manages business operations, business development, and strategic planning for Hearthstone, and has historically provided broad ranging support across our game franchises and corporate functions. The team's work reaches across functional groups, and offers a candidate diverse exposure to Blizzard’s business from within game development.
Candidates must enjoy working on teams to solve a diverse array of challenges involving a wide range of stakeholders. An ideal candidate has great intellectual curiosity, superior analytical capabilities, excellent teamwork and communication skills, passion for video games, and a strong interest in the video game industry. Duties will include performing specialized analyses related to Blizzard's business operations or the broader industry environment, supporting the Strategic Initiatives team with targeted information, and preparing and presenting materials based on findings.
Duties will include performing specialized analyses related to Hearthstone's business operations or the broader industry environment, supporting the Strategic Initiatives team with targeted information, and preparing and presenting materials based on findings.
- Develop frameworks for tackling complex strategic and operational problems
- Work with game team leadership on development of business strategy
- Drive research and apply structured analysis to achieve insights
- Manage business tasks for the game franchise
- MBA or equivalent professional experience
- Passion for gaming
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Excellent written and oral business communications skills
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- Experience working constructively within a team
- Previous work experience in gaming, social media, consumer software, or entertainment industries
- Work in a related field (marketing, digital marketing, entrepreneurship, strategic leadership, business operations, management, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of the video game industry (key players, growth trends and drivers, industry structure, etc.)
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover letter
- Information about your interests:
- What’s your favorite video game?
- What’s your favorite Blizzard game?
- What’s your favorite deck to play in Hearthstone?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What are your hobbies?
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top