Senior Artist (Generalist) - Diablo IV
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Senior Artist (Generalist) - Diablo IV
Requisition ID: R002373
The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate Senior Character Supervisor and 3d Generalist for Diablo.
You will work on presentation aspects of the game with character, UI, environments. You can pretty much tackle anything that gets put in front of you. You should enjoy working on a diverse range of content. The ideal candidate enjoys a variety of work in their day to day and is happy to work on putting together an environment for the background of a character, as well, as putting the character in the best light. We hire people that collaborate well with equally passionate developers and share our love for games.
- Collaborate with artists, designers and engineers to bring visually compelling characters to life
- Emphasis on presentation art in the UI and outside of the game
- Create high quality, models, textures and author materials
- Experience assembling assets into a solid composition and lighting
- 6-8+ years game development experience, specifically creating real time characters or environments and items using Maya, ZBrush and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Solid understanding of human/creature anatomy, color theory, lighting and scene development
- Knowledge of VFX pipelines and general workflows
- A passion to tackle any challenge and learn new things
- Demonstrated proficiency with current techniques and PBR workflows
- Self-motivated, humble, excellent communications skills, and a legendary team-player attitude
- AAA PC or console experience as a 3D artist
- Solid foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, illustration and conceptual design
- Proficiency with Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Marvelous Designer all a plus
- Basic understanding of rigging, animation, and deformation
- Passion for all things games, Blizzard, and Daiblo!
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio of relevant artwork, online preferred
- An art test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Back to top