Senior Animator - Diablo IV
- Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate Senior Animator to bring the heroes, monsters and worlds of Diablo IV to life or back from the afterlife depending…
Your exceptional understanding of traditional and 3D animation techniques, technical problem-solving abilities and gamer sensibilities will all be essential as you work with artists, designers and programmers to create truly phenomenal game play experiences.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Develop, maintain, and create animations for real time game assets.
- Assist designers and engineers with gameplay and combat prototypes
- Work with lead animator to ensure timely completion of character assets at the desired quality bar
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience animating real time game characters using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Exceptional skill animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
- Proven problem-solving ability in a modern content pipeline
- Ability to successfully collaborate with character artists, riggers, designers, VFX artists and programmers
- Self-motivated, humble, excellent communication skills, and a legendary team-player attitude
- AAA PC or console experience as a 3D animator
- Strong traditional 2D animation skills
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, rigging or technical art
- Passion for all things Diablo
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Demo reel and/or portfolio demonstrating relevant animation skills
- An animation test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top