Senior Analyst, Business and Gameplay Insights - Unannounced Project
- Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Senior Analyst to support Mobile Game data analysis needs during development and live operation. We are looking for someone who can lead strategic analysis focused on identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities to drive growth and operational excellence.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Slice through petabytes of data to find compelling and actionable business insights
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Effectively communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate with Game Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and co-developer partners to deliver business impact
- Stay abreast of industry trends and innovations
REQUIRED TALENT BUILD
- Arcane Brilliance: Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions. Tireless advocate for the use of data to solve problems.
- Power Word: Curiosity: Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Break it down!: Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills: must have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization.
- Chart the Course: Capable of building highly functional and beautiful dashboards.
- Confident Aim: Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing.
- Stay Awhile and Listen: Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective with storytelling using data and appropriate visualizations.
GEAR LEVEL REQUIREMENT
- 5+ years of work experience in data analytics or data science roles
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, etc.)
- Advance degree (MGA, MS Analytics, MBA, Ph.D.) a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following:
- Data visualization
- Data modeling
- Experiment design
- Proficient in SQL; Adept in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau
- Experience with one or more programing or scripting languages (R, Python, etc.) a plus.
- Familiar with mobile game/app development process
Back to top