Job Title: Senior 3D Environment Artist, Unannounced Project
Requisition ID: R004755
Senior 3D Environment Artist, Unannounced Project
Unannounced Project - Irvine
We're a new Blizzard development team and we're looking for a versatile Senior 3D Environment Artist to help us build a new unannounced project. Your goal is to bring worlds to life and push the visual development of the environment art style. Ultimately, you're combining inspiring art with great gameplay while actively communicating and thriving on a small team.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Concept, model, and texture highly creative environment art, including natural environments and architecture, that push the possibilities of what an "epic entertainment experience" can be for a new Blizzard game.
- Combining traditional art aesthetics with next gen 3D authoring techniques to create a unique visual texturing style for environments that extend the boundaries of what's creatively possible.
- Develop a broad range of environments that include trees, architecture, foliage, and highly creative unique points of interest needed to define the visual direction of the game.
- Working closely with level designers and artists to develop unique play spaces and captivating environments that players love spending time in.
- Taking your high poly sculpts and source art and creating real-time environment art models and textures that are production ready for rigging and animation.
- Partnering with other artists, designers, and engineers to collaborate on creatively complex assignments to develop an inspiring art vision for this new Blizzard experience.
- 5+ years professional experience concepting, modeling and texturing environments using Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and Substance Designer/Painter. (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- You've never thought of your job as just creating trees and rocks. You create worlds! You have an exceptional understanding of the world around you, and a keen eye towards developing alluring and captivating environments that draw the player in.
- You know next gen modeling, sculpting and procedural techniques and you know how to use them effectively to create hand crafted and stylized art with allure and appeal.
- You know when to "throw something together" for prototyping, when to throw it out, and when to lovingly polish your creations for mass consumption.
- You love to solve problems and you love to collaborate. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others.
- You love games, movies, animation, and you love dissecting them while thinking how to take them to the next level.
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and understand the unique approach to creating Blizzard art for our game universes.
- Portfolio - Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test may be required