Senior 3D Artist
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptional Senior 3D Artist to help us push the artistic vision and development of Blizzard's gaming efforts. Your goal is to meld great art with great gameplay through modeling, texturing, and animating a wide variety of art assets, all while actively communicating and thriving on a small team.
- Concept, model, and texture highly-creative 3D art that pushes the possibilities of what an “epic entertainment experience” can be for Blizzard.
- Partner with art leadership and design to combine traditional art aesthetics with next-gen 3D authoring techniques to create a unique visual style for the worlds and characters that extend the boundaries of what’s creatively possible.
- Model and texture props, environments, characters, and vehicles to define the game's visual direction.
- Sett up simple rigs and basic animations for interactive objects.
- Partner with engineers and tech artists to help develop an effective art pipeline that facilitates prototyping and encourages a rapid iteration mindset for a game development team.
- Partner with other artists, designers, and engineers to collaborate on creatively-complex assignments to develop an inspiring art vision.
- 5+ years professional experience concepting, modeling, and texturing using Maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- You have an exceptional understanding of art design, and a keen eye for form, shape, structure, and silhouette when developing art.
- You know next-gen modeling and sculpting techniques and you know how to use them effectively to create handcrafted and stylized objects with emotion and appeal.
- You know when to “throw something together” for prototyping, when to throw it out, and when to lovingly polish your creations for mass consumption.
- You’ve helped grow or develop exceptionally talented art teams, big or small, and you know what it takes to hire talented artists with the right mindset for game development.
- You love to solve problems and you love to collaborate. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others.
- You love games, movies, animation, and you love dissecting them while thinking how to take them to the next level.
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and understand the unique approach to creating Blizzard art for our game universes.
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted (website, blog, online album, etc).
- An art test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top