Sales Manager Consumer Products
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
Blizzard Entertainment, a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software, is seeking a Manager, Retail Development for the Consumer Products division. We are seeking a driven, entrepreneurial leader to build out our retail presence, for both licensed and direct product lines.
Can you obsess on the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Are you a self-starter who can take direction but doesn’t need it? Are you the type of person who can work quickly to solve challenges? You could be our ideal candidate!
- Develop and grow relationships with retailers – both mass and specialty
- Manage trade marketing initiatives that drive revenue, create synergy, and strengthen the Blizzard brand in the retail marketplace.Develops sales presentations and marketing materials for retail-related meetings and trade shows
- Ensure that the trade plans and budgets are in line with guidelines and that necessary approvals are obtained for all assets.
- Scale retail business operations by developing processes for new and recurring business
- Develops and executes advertising, cross-category merchandising and promotional programs with relevant retail accounts
- Identifies and exploits opportunities to open up new distribution channels and accounts for Blizzard Consumer Products
- Lead retail offerings presentations and development at relevant Consumer Product trade shows
- Keeps priority retail accounts updated on Blizzard research and new initiatives
- Manages retail marketing budget
- 8+ years of retail development at a licensor, licensing agent, retailer or relevant brand management experience
- Retail development experience should include experience with retail sales/account management and retail marketing across a variety of top retail channels beyond mass
- Strong buyer or retail marketing contacts
- Prior experience developing cross-category programs that included key licensee categories such as action figure and construction toys, apparel and publishing
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively with all levels of management within and outside the company
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Familiar with NPD, MRI and Scarborough data and generating actionable insights
- Able to travel for business as required
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications or related field of study preferred
Please include a PDF of your resume with your application to this position.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top