Rigging Artist, In-Game Cinematics - Temp
- Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated Rigging Artist - Temp who will partner closely with the Technical Artists on our In-Game Cinematics team. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated artist who has built complex character rigs and is capable of maintaining a high level of visual and technical quality for all characters. He/she must have a strong understanding of anatomy, muscles, cloth/hair behavior and be comfortable in a scripted environment. This artist must be attuned to the needs of an in-game production pipeline and those of the animators we support.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Build and maintain high quality rigs
- Collaborate with modelers for the creation of models that meet technical needs
- Work closely with animators to determine rig needs and requirements
- Work with Leads and Production staff to prioritize tasks
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- 2+ years professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of Maya
- Knowledge of deformations and topology for both Body and Face
- Knowledge of character pipeline and workflow techniques
- Experience with Python and MEL
- Proficiency in technical problem solving
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Demo reel online (preferred) showing rigging and technical proficiency
- Experience building high quality rigs for game productions
- Ability to work in different visual styles
- Experience working with a big team of animators
- Understanding of Games development process
- Ability to generate tools to facilitate the rigging pipeline
- Passion for Blizzard Games and Cinematics
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Link to a portfolio. Provide a demo reel and demo reel description of your work per shot
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top