Quest Designer, World of Warcraft
- Irvine, CA
Job Title: Quest Designer, World of Warcraft
Requisition ID: R002047
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced game designer for the World of Warcraft team.
This position will involve the creative design and technical implementation of quest and narrative content. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, extensive knowledge of World of Warcraft, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Extensive content creation experience. Ideally someone who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery.
- Strong writing and character development skills.
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience playing World of Warcraft, and a deep understanding of its history and characters.
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games.
- 3 years or more of game design experience, preferably on MMO / RPG centric content.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing, and / or mentoring others
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
World of Warcraft
Back to top