We are currently seeking for an experienced and passionate QA Manager to join Blizzard Entertainment Shanghai office, to assists the Senior localization & QA Manager in the day-to-day operation of QA department and ensure that the team is prepared to meet the testing demands created by our game, application, and web development teams.
- Work with the development, localization, and HQ teams to ensure that the QA standard is being upheld.
- Work with other regional QA Managers for the tests of Blizzard games, websites, and web applications as required.
- Mentor personnel to facilitate growth within the department and company -- provide coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ensure all employees receive monthly feedback via structured one on ones.
- Maintain all management database tools.
- Monitor key performance indicators to evaluate efficiency and make change as necessary.
- Interview, test, hire and assist with training full-time and temporary employees.
- Ensuring employees are properly rewarded via our recognition programs.
- Enforce human resources and departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in creating and driving business metrics.
- Support management with project team resourcing.
- Capable of arranging project team resources properly.
- Work closely with training group to assure training team is knowledgeable on any changes and incorporate them into workshops.
- Help to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Strong understanding of the needs of the Development staff and can plan tasks to accommodate the needs of both Localization and other departments.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years in the game industry or software industry.
- 3+ years people management experience.
- Capability of managing teams.
- Lead, supervisory, or managerial experience in a software QA environment.
- Ability to guide the QA staff through a full product life cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent management experience.
- Above-average knowledge of all standard industry software packages.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results.
- Strong oral and written English/Chinese communication skills.
- Impeccable organizational and time-management skills.
- A finely-honed attention to detail.
- Absolute passion for games.
- Programming and HTML experience.
- Localization and/or automation QA experience.
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top