Publishing Production Manager
Are you a maestro at orchestrating projects, people, and processes? Are you able to obsess over the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Do you enjoy an intensely fast-paced and fluid work environment that requires impeccable creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? If you are answering yes to these questions you might be the perfect fit to be our Publishing Production Manager position on the Global Hearthstone team.
Reporting to the VP of Global Publishing, this position requires a highest-level production manager with the experience to drive projects as they move through Blizzard Entertainment’s global publishing department and as they are distributed to other regions. Impeccable organizational and time-management skills are critical as is the ability to build strong relationships and foster cooperation among internal clients and departments providing assets, external vendors, and marketing services team members and the Hearthstone development team as the projects move through completion.
You’ll work on materials including social content, video, online advertising, point-of-purchase materials, logos, branding, style guides, event materials, website content, and more. And you’ll coordinate with the various regional offices that depend on the delivery of these assets.
And of course, Blizzard culture is important to us, so if you love to geek out over things like video games, fantasy, sci-fi, graphic novels, technology, card games etc., you’ll have a great advantage!
- Create, maintain, and distribute schedules for all projects quickly and flawlessly.
- Coordinate schedules with various stakeholders on the Global Publishing team and also with schedules of regional offices to insure assets are delivered promptly when needed.
- Partner with brand marketing to create a global annual rolling project road map, proactively updating the project list, and tenaciously working to get the information and assets needed to kick projects off and keep them moving – far enough ahead of final due dates to allow for unexpected projects to be added when necessary.
- Work with project stakeholders and marketing services teams to set and refine project objectives and requirements, budgets and deadlines, and communicate these clearly to the marketing services team.
- Oversee all phases of publishing project development providing direction to ensure that they are met. Actively seek ways to apply marketing services’ expertise to ensure that deliverables exceed expectations and that they meet all objectives and requirements, before routing to the stakeholders.
- Manage outside partners, establish strong “one-team” relationships, and impeccably drive the flow of assets between them and Blizzard.
- Review all materials to ensure they meet internal and external technical requirements including manufacturing specifications, brand and legal guidelines, printer specifications, retailer requirements, etc. and that they are they are free of typos, inconsistencies, and other technical errors.
- Lead weekly departmental project status meetings and use the meetings to uncover and resolve issues and to remove all current road blocks.
- Schedule, lead, and document all meetings needed for briefing, review, and approval of projects.
- Ensure all individuals and teams providing assets to Global Publishing are clear on expected delivery dates and confirm, well in advance of the final delivery date, that they are on track to meet the deadline. Foresee and assess future or potential threats. Adjust schedules as necessary to maintain final project due dates.
- Schedule and prioritize tasks and projects to ensure work is completed efficiently, on schedule and within budget.
- Assess, revise, document, and communicate departmental processes to maximize efficiencies.
- Act as primary contact with operations regarding asset scheduling and delivery. Provide absolute real-time transparency to project workflows and push relevant information to Operations to minimize unexpected issues and mitigate risk.
- Act as liaison between Global Publishing and all other departments worldwide for marketing materials – requesting assets, providing assets, approvals. Provide absolute real-time transparency to project workflows and push relevant information immediately to minimize unexpected issues and mitigate risk.
- Help ensure strategic and visual consistency of the Hearthstone brand.
- Request and manage project budgets, provide reporting as necessary.
- Manage departmental purchasing process, creating purchase requisitions and requesting any necessary contracts.
- Partner with creative director to procure and manage external video production, photography, design, copy-writing, and other production services.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in project management / production
- Knowledge of digital asset production
- Knowledge of video production
- Highest-level ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, external partners, and teammates to ensure mutual respect and excellent cooperation.
- Highest-level critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities and able to inspire this in others
- Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with few to no errors or dropped details
- Exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to understand the big picture
- Able to maximize all resources, actively and constantly seeking efficiencies
- Unwavering service-oriented attitude to internal stakeholders, external partners, and teammates
- A lover of video games
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Expertise in Microsoft Project, Jira or other online project management tools as well as methodologies such as Waterfall, Scrum, Agile, or Kanban
- Experience working as a producer or program manager in the design agency, events, entertainment, or games industries
- Formal project management certification such as PMP
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top