Publishing Director, Australia & New Zealand
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a seasoned marketer to join our award-winning company and lead our Australian/New Zealand (ANZ) publishing team to new heights. This position will give you the opportunity to thrive in a challenging, creative environment, and grow with a strong and supportive team who are committed to excellence at every level.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative but self-motivated leader with a proven track record of managing and executing integrated marketing campaigns in the video game or consumer products industries. The role requires very strong communication and critical thinking skills, along with the ability to work independently. You must thrive on high pressure deadlines, and be able to consistently achieve results on time and within budget.
As the publishing lead, you will also drive cross-functional integration across our franchise teams, which are made up of Community, PR, and Brand teams to maximize player acquisition and engagement. This role reports directly to the Managing Director, Australia/New Zealand.
If you’re up to the task and have a passion for gaming, please read on!
- Lead the ANZ publishing team which includes various cross functional disciplines.
- Identify regional promotional opportunities that will augment ongoing global publishing activities.
- Create a collaborative relationship with the Global Publishing leads to foster coordination and alignment of strategies and tactics.
- Provide insights into key developments in the media, creative, social and community marketing landscape that will help shape publishing plans.
- Publishing Planning and Execution
- Lead the execution of go-to-market programs which can include partnerships, digital marketing efforts, media planning, regional creative customization, events, public relations and community development.
- Develop regional marketing plans based on the global strategy and initiatives.
- Provide market insight and analysis to support the development of multi-year franchise development plans.
- Design the regional promotional and pricing plans alongside the Global Publishing organization.
- Oversee the annual operating plan and forecasting.
- Coordinate the overall investment levels, allocations, and objectives.
- Brand Management
- Steward the publishing activities in the region while consistently maintaining the Blizzard level of quality and commitment.
- Creative Management
- Customize global creative and develop regional marketing collateral that addresses the marketing segments within the region when necessary.
- Provide updates on the health of the ANZ business and highlight areas of opportunity to the Managing Director, ANZ
- Work with the Consumer Insights team to define knowledge gaps on the regional audience and design research and analysis to address them. Continually monitor local game analytics, as well as media and marketing program performance and make recommendations to ensure that business goals are exceeded.
- Direct and support the analytics and research efforts necessary to identify and monitor the key growth drivers of the ANZ business.
- University degree with a concentration in marketing or advertising (MBA preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and deadlines
- Strong presentation and leadership skills with the ability to sell-in and champion initiatives in a highly matrixed environment
- 10+ years consumer marketing/brand management experience at leading consumer products company or entertainment company with a minimum of 5 years at supervisory/senior management level
- 5+ years direct experience with the Australia / New Zealand market
- Solid experience in the use of market research and its applicability in developing brand / product strategies are preferred
- Passion and familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top