Publishing Coordinator, Esports Global Publishing (Temp)
The Blizzard Esports Global Publishing team is looking for a highly organized individual who is passionate about Blizzard esports and communications. The coordinator will provide support to Public Relations and Community functions on the Blizzard Esports Publishing team, and help track and organize our various projects around the world. They will assist in putting together press and influencer hospitality experiences at esports events, arrange interviews between people with crazy schedules, communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple social channels, and work with more senior members of the team to build and execute complex communications plans. They will ensure schedule changes are reflected in our plans and that new developments are communicated between the regions and Global team.
The ideal candidate possesses experience in social media and/or PR, an uncanny attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication, excellent time/task management skills, and has familiarity with internal project collaboration tools. This role will interface with a wide variety of publishing functions from every business region, and will provide opportunity for individuals who want to learn more about various Publishing disciplines such as brand marketing, social media, community management and PR. In this role, you will report to the Publishing Director from our headquarters in Irvine, CA.
Please read below if you are ready to join the team!
- Partner with the broader team to define short term and long term needs.
- Implement and execute systems and processes that will assist global and regional publishing teams with publishing campaign project and asset management.
- Act as public-facing representative of Blizzard esports and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels and at events.
- Assist with supporting press and influencers at esports events.
- Contribute to the design and execution of English Blizzard esports communication efforts across owned platforms and social media channels.
- Contribute input to communication plans and channels, striving for continuous improvement.
- Maintain and update Blizzard’s press contact database.
- Assist with management of esports press kits.
- Report on publishing activities; review media outlets for coverage and analyze content performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation.
- Organize publishing calendar and assist in scheduling meetings.
- Ensure that the team is prepared for upcoming meetings and events, juggling a combination of foreseeable, and reactive needs.
- Collect and distribute meeting agendas.
- Take notes in meetings, for immediate distribution, and tracking.
- Management of administrative work (e.g., contract development, payment requests etc.).
- Respond to and support daily requests for immediate execution or follow up.
- Organize and manage planning documents used by the team.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Proficiency in Confluence, JIRA or other project management systems is highly desired.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a marketing, PR or social media role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent organization and communications skills.
- Passion for video gaming and esports.
- Ability to meet deliverables amid a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Able to travel, including international travel, and work long hours and weekends as needed.
- Strong PowerPoint and creative abilities; video production and/or graphic arts experience.
- International experience, working with other regional territories and cultures a plus.
Required Application Materials
- Samples of written work (i.e. pitches, press releases, media alerts, blog copy, social posts, plans/approaches)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Back to top