Public Relations Manager, World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment seeks a seasoned North American public relations manager for World of Warcraft who is well-versed in innovative communications techniques and possesses excellent media relations skills to join our communications team. We are looking for a focused, detail-oriented person who can multitask efficiently, and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is flexible and can adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives. This person will also be highly organized and able to work independently while contributing to the goals of the larger team. Clear, concise communications skills are a must.
- Develop North America specific public relations (PR) strategies and manage the execution of product publicity through pre-launch, launch, and post-launch phases
- Provide counsel to leadership regarding incoming media requests
- Write and edit regional press releases, and online materials about World of Warcraft
- Correspond with the press as a representative of Blizzard, as needed
- Conduct regional press tours
- Interface with global PR counterparts to craft regional strategies and quarterly plans
- Write and edit articles and news blurbs for regional Blizzard Websites
- Additional travel, writing projects and other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in PR
- Strategic thinker with a strong media relations background, and proven placement results
- Able to quickly compose and edit a variety of creative and business-oriented texts that meet company standards, on deadline
- A modern communicator with interest and experience in leveraging integrated campaigns
- Experience working with global leadership and transforming global goals into actionable regional strategies
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Able to confidently communicate about Blizzard products with the press and public
- Demonstrate knowledge of games and the game industry
- Extremely detail-oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and full workload
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective product-PR strategy and work with other teams to complement and support each other's plans and objectives
- Great presentation skills
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- Crisis-management experience
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing, journalism, or business, or equivalent work experience
- A passionate gamer
- Experience playing World of Warcraft
Required Application Materials
- net Email Address
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in the World of Warcraft franchise
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submissions with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top