Public Relations Manager, Europe, World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced Public Relations (PR) Manager to manage World of Warcraft communication strategies in Europe. With an ability to think both creatively and strategically and with a passion for games, the PR manager will work in close cooperation with the other members of the World of Warcraft franchise team (Marketing, Brand, Community, Social Media, Game PM), as well as the country dedicated PR managers, to maximise the European communication activities. This position reports to the World of Warcraft Publishing Director, Europe and is based in Versailles, France.
- Develop communications strategies and work together with the franchise team to execute product publicity through pre-launch, launch, and post-launch phases.
- Write and edit press releases, and online materials about World of Warcraft.
- Manage and support World of Warcraft’s participation in regional events, press tours, and developer interviews.
- Execute high-impact global public relations programs and support press activities at gaming events.
- Build and maintain the World of Warcraft PR plan, communications, and project specific budgets.
- Make sure that all elements required for the European markets are delivered on time and to a high quality.
- Lead and support the local PR Managers actions related to World of Warcraft.
- Liaise and collaborate with the global World of Warcraft PR team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or relevant business-related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ public relations experience from gaming, internet, technology, or consumer products related industries
- Able to communicate effectively and collaboratively with strong verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Strategic thinker with a strong media relations background, including an extensive list of industry contacts and proven placement results.
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective product-PR strategy and work with other teams to complement and support each other's plans and objectives.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, including stakeholder management.
- Experience and knowledge of the European game markets and European media and influencers.
- Passion for communications, PR and a creative mind is a must.
- Personal passion for games (PC, mobile, console) / online entertainment services, or web user experience.
- Experienced World of Warcraft player.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top