Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Prop Artist to champion prop art asset creation on World of WarCraft.
A Prop Artist can work on everything from an Orc battle wagon to a melted candle. Props in World of Warcraft tell a story and the team is looking for someone that can not only tell a story with their props but can also concept, model, and texture props start to finish.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Concept props for various cultures in the World of Warcraft style
- Model efficient assets that fits within the style of the game
- Strong hand painted texturing skill that fits within the larger world
- Ability to prototype and create block-out assets
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- 2+ years of experience in game development concepting, modeling, and texturing objects
- Experience animating objects is a plus
- Understand real-time game development needs
- Able to collaborate closely with other Artists
- Ability to explore a wide variety of ideas that push the World of Warcraft style
- Software experience such as 3ds Max or Maya
- Portfolio website
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top