Project Manager, Data Protection
A Project Manager is like the embodiment of The Lost Vikings - an individual who can excel at multiple skillsets to achieve a common goal. Are you like Erik the Swift – providing quickness and agility to all your team’s projects? Are you like Baleog the Fierce – ready to fight, dive deep in a subject topic and provide the DPS needed to tackle tough problems? Are you like Olaf the Stout – willing to act as a shield and protect your team at all costs?
If this is you! - the Data Protection Team is looking for a Project Manager who is passionate about relationship management, an expert on process, a guru of communication, and a diehard about data protection and privacy. The ideal candidate should be maxed out in their primary professions: organization and time management, with equally qualified secondary professions in process improvement, communication, and an ability to balance the big picture while managing small moving pieces.
- Partner with teams across Blizzard to champion data protection issues as we move into Phase 2 of our GDPR journey, projects could include:
- Onboarding manual teams into our Data Protection Service Backbone
- Improve and implement process improvements with our communication from our data subjects
- Analytics on usage trends, questions, and feedback from our data subjects
- Create an inventory of all tools and locations of data within Blizzard
- Work with organizational leaders within Blizzard to build out company strategies on how to address data protection challenges with tools like JIRA, Outlook, Confluence, network file shares, and other tools.
- Work with partners to gather and collaborate on program requirements, and share team deliverables based on objects set forth
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to identify steps/tasks for project delivery while communicating updates and roadblocks to team and relevant stakeholders, while actively working to resolve them
- Define, manage and communicate with the 3rd Party Process that support Blizzard Entertainment
- Analyze and implement operational improvements to our GDPR process within Blizzard
- Provide insight and implement updates to our data discovery tools when required
- Improve internal communication and understanding of strategy and obligation of the Data Protection Team within Blizzard
- 5+ years of professional project management experience
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Impeccable time and self-management
- Excellence proficiency with Excel
- Perfected balance of ‘the bigger picture’ of a project while juggling smaller moving pieces
- Very personable and communicative within the team and with stakeholders
- Strong communications skills both written and oral
- Quick learner who can pick up new changes with an open and flexible attitude
- Builds consistent and trusting relationships and communication between team members and stakeholders
- A seasoned veteran who has leveraged and succeeded in using multiple approaches to solving problems
- Experience with tools such as Confluence, JIRA
- Knowledge of DPOrganizer or similar tools
- Strong understanding of Data Protection and Security
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What five words best describe GDPR?
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top