Project Manager, Core Services and Web Applications
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League
We’re seeking an ambitious project manager to play a critical role in coordinating major initiatives across teams, helping facilitate projects that deliver crucial components and sites for the MLG platform. Our new project manager will exemplify a proactive, self-motivated and focused thinker who takes pride owning project plans, ensuring day-to-day efficiency, and delivering awesome products.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- Maintain project schedules and monitor milestones
- Be the master of communication for both the core services & web applications teams, while working with other cross-functional teams within MLG and Activision Blizzard
- Partner closely with the tech leads for both teams
- Communicate, collaborate and coordinate with MLG teams located in Santa Monica, Irvine and NYC
- Organize and drive meetings with various functions to solve problems and improve the performance of both teams
- Proactively anticipate, identify, and troubleshoot issues, and ensure that plans are put in place and executed to provide timely resolution, as well as address any issues/roadblocks
- Develop a standard cadence and report to update management on the status of current projects and initiatives
- Ensure smooth day-to-day operation, while being extremely proactive
- Ensure that resource requirements are anticipated in advance and in place when needed
- Bachelors degree, preferably computer science or engineering, or formal training as a technical project manager
- 3+ years’ experience as a project manager in an information technology or software engineering environment
- Solid technical background with understanding of software development and web technologies
- Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and JIRA
- Available for domestic travel to MLG and Activision Blizzard offices in Santa Monica, Irvine and NYC
- PMP or related certification
- Video game or esports industry knowledge
- Hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top