Project Manager, Blizzard Arena
Blizzard Entertainment Broadcasting is seeking a project manager to assist with live operations and upcoming projects at the Blizzard Arena. The project manager will interface with Arena staff and management as well as broadcast teams. The role is responsible for managing existing, and upcoming projects at the Blizzard Arena, as well as assisting with workflow creation and best practices.
The ideal candidate is highly organized individual with outstanding communication and project management skills. Being self-motivated with good follow-up skills are a must, as well as knowledge of entertainment processes and familiarity with the venue operations.
- Support Senior Managers and arena staff, as needed, across broad range of live operation project and Broadcast initiative.
- Act as central point of contact, and information resource for project goal and milestone status.
- Work with the internal and external teams to define project objectives, schedule, resource requirements, budget, and deliverables in support of business goals established by the Broadcast and Arena Teams.
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with Broadcast and Arena teams on project issues and/or mission critical issues.
- Lead weekly live operations meetings, report to management on the status of current projects, track risks and opportunities as they relate to both Broadcast and Arena Operations teams.
- Develop and maintain project timelines, goals and millstones.
- Track various teams project status and clearly and precisely convey status to stake holders for visibility and action.
- Anticipate, identify, and troubleshoot issues on a proactive basis and ensure that plans are put in place and executed to provide timely resolution.
- Collaborate with other PMO groups across Activision Blizzard to ensure comprehensive reporting and project tracking
- A minimum of 5 years minimum experience in project management.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritizations skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Formal training in project management methodologies, process development and team leadership.
- Proficient in people management. Able to lead and motivate through attitude and example.
- Understanding of Broadcast, events or entertainment project management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven experience managing schedules and project resources to achieve desired results on time.
- Adaptable to changing business needs and expanded project requirements
- Persuasive, encouraging, and a motivating influence with all assigned projects
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Able to relate to team members and build professional relationships.
- Experience with Project management Software and methodology. (Agile, Scrum, Jira, MS Project, Visio, etc…)
- Conduct post mortems and create recommendations reports based on detailed project analysis.
- Passion for Esports and Gaming.
- Experience working as a Project Manager in the Esports or Gaming Industry.
- Formal project management certification such as PMP.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered
Meet Some of Blizzard Entertainment's Employees
Lead Environment Artist
As a lead environment artist, Ely guides his team of artists as they flesh out and paint the organic elements that compose the landscapes throughout World of Warcraft.
Back to top